Hello, I’m Emily!
This marks Kick Off day for my first round of the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation!
My commitment, tweaked slightly from my post in the ‘Say It Out Loud’ forum, is:
I am going to lose 8kg by the end of round 2. I am going to make the exercise and eating plans a part of my daily routine and enjoy every second of it! I want to feel good about myself… not just in the morning, or for a week or two, or only in certain clothes. I’m going to push forward and regain some self confidence, feel healthier and stronger, and look great!
Additionally, my goals for the next 12 weeks are as follows:
- After one month: Run 1km without stopping.
- Lose the 8kg along with some bad habits and insecurities.
- Run up *that* hill on the way home from a workout without getting puffed.
- Wear my One Active bra/top (worn below in my BEFORE photo, eek!) out for a session without a shirt over the top and feel absolutely amazing in it.
- Lose enough weight to model something for my sisters online store.
- Learn about how to better look after my body.
- No cheating, no slacking.
- Make some new friends along the way!
I am fairly happy with my fitness results as I was hoping to fall into the intermediate category (albeit the lower end). As for the measurements, I don’t know much about what they should or shouldn’t be as I’ve never really been measured all over like that before but it will be good to see the changes in the weeks to come.
Now for my BEFORE photos (you can click for bigger images if you want to):
Look, I guess I can be glad that I don’t absolutely hate what I see here but it is certainly an interesting thing to see a photo of yourself like this. No hiding behind clothes/other people, no cute poses or finding the right angle in the mirror; just me in all of my glory. And I have back fat?! Who knew?
Anyway, this is me right now but not again, not after this next 12 weeks.
This blog is to keep track of my progress and to keep me on track during the 12WBT but also to have a bit of fun. I’m interested in photography and a total foodie – so expect lots of pictures and recipes! I would really like to share this journey with whoever wants to share it with me. I’m looking forward to being inspired (even more) by all of the 12WBTers and hopefully along the way I might inspire a couple of people myself.
If you want to read a little bit more about me just head to my “About Me” page or say hello sometime!