Week One is definitely, officially over; I can’t believe it! I have gotten through six workouts, at least twenty-one calorie-balanced meals and have managed to survive the week relatively unscathed save for a couple of minor injuries involving failed attempts at over-bench jumps. It’s Monday night, Day One of Week Two and I wanted to post a short overview of my first week on the 12WBT, the week that was.
There have been some big positives, including:
- I’m already noticing improvements in my fitness and I was able to pull some higher numbers/better times as the week progressed.
- I actually enjoy running and leg-based workouts.
- I lost 1kg in the Wednesday weigh-in, seeing my weight drop in to the 60’s for the first time in a couple of years (even if it was only by 100g).
- I have been loving the food, and I have managed to keep hunger-related bouts of moodiness to about two (okay, maybe three or four… should I move this to the negatives column?) occurrences for the week.
- I have been really enjoying meeting new people around the blogosphere and participating in the forums.
- Capsicum. I’ve never really been crazy about the crunchy, bitter, little vegetable, and Hugh hates it so we have generally avoided it in the past. Now, for the most part, I’m adding capsicum to my meals where instructed and finding that it really lifts mild flavours and is very satisfying.
- On Friday I realised that my outfit was matching!
In other news:
- I do not miss my Wednesday thighs, my quads were absolutely burning all day, between that and my sore glutes (read: bum) on Saturday I have been unable to sit down on the toilet properly all week, even today. I just have to wince and kind of flop down, not very graceful but hey, who am I trying to impress in there? Really?
- Thursday was my really, really hungry day.
- Push ups. End of story.
- My shin is bruised from a failed over-bench jumping attempt. It is vaguely heart-shaped though so… yay?
I’m not sure which category to put this in but I had a couple of dreams during the week about cheating on the diet. Both times I woke up feeling guilty only to realise that I had just been dreaming, thankfully neither of the dreams was about marshmallows and my pillow was left uneaten.
Favourite Meal: Neither of us could decide but we have agreed that the tastiest was the Chicken Noodle Soup, the Beef Stroganoff was great for a hearty meal with a generous portion size, and we were both really impressed with the Roast Cinnamon Pumpkin and Feta Salad – if you haven’t tried it yet you should give it a go.
For the 12WBTers following me, some of my favourite forum topics from the week include:
- Stroking the strog dog (beef stroganoff)
- The surprising power of grunting
- Before and Afters for the Newbies! Return members add yours here!
- TIPS for keeping the food costs down
- A list of things to do instead of binge eating
To view these just go to the forum page on the 12WBT website and type the above titles into the search bar.
Overall I had a really good week and I’m feeling positive. I hope that everyone is happy with their progress so far and ready for another week!
My goals for this week:
- Get on top of exam prep – only three weeks to go!
- Complete the Weekly Challenge of 300 push-ups for the week on top of the weekly exercise plan.
Can you tell me about some of your positives and negatives from Week One?